Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break Cooking Challenge

Helloooo
Well, I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I am going to learn how to cook....even without a recipe card in front of me. I've always said how I love cooking, how it's my hobby, blablabla but...I never DO it. I haven't made anything by meself since Grade 9 foods class. So, this Spring Break I am going to learn to cook a full meal by myself, AND wash the dishes. Won't that be a sight to see? :)
I haven't got an exact plan or anything, just a bunch of recipes I've wanted to try for ages and one goal: to cook dinner for my family on the last evening of Spring Break. No wait, I've got one more goal: to find an awesome butterless cookie recipe, because I hate the guilt that comes with eating a lump of butter and suger. Oil and sugar is so much better, at least in my world.
So far, so good. I've made two types of butterless cookies (the first was my own recipe, made up from a mish-mash of researched cookie recipes. It was kind of a Chocolate Cake Mix Cookie...straight out of the oven it was pretty good but after a day not so much. The second, I just finished baking. Butterless Chocolate Chip Cookies! THESE were AWESOME. I forget where I got the recipe from, so I'll post it up once I find the blog. Fresh out of the oven, piping hot and with a crisp crust...MMMM). I've made chocolate pudding too, which was a nice, cool treat to have instead of ice cream. I've also learned how to make Korean omelette things, Korean egg custard, and doenjang jjigae (Korean miso soup); I do this by watching my mum cook while she explains what she's doing, not by a recipe, so it's really fun. No measuring. Heh.

My sis took some photos, but she's being lazy and doesn't want to put them into her computer at the moment, so they'll be up later with the cookie recipe I guess.

One other thing I've been doing a lot of is browsing food blogs...and boy, are there some awesome people out there! Food blogs are fun to drool over :P

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try your butterless cookie recipe! Please post asap : )
    "Korean omelette things" sound interesting too..
    Keep enjoyin the cookin!

    ReplyDelete