Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Post!


Hello there! Call me scribbles for now.

First blog post. Ever.
Anyway, I like to swim, read, and study languages in my spare time. Oh, and write. Of course.

A few days ago, I finally mustered up the courage to actually click on that orange arrow, "CREATE A BLOG" for the first time. I had been wanting to make one, but just could not find a good enough reason. Until my English teacher said we had to.

Oh, well. Might as well do it, now that I have a reason.

It took me a couple days to find a blog name that I was happy with. This one isn't the most original, but it's short and got my theme across pretty well, I think.
My love of writing has always been something that comes and goes. Sometimes, a really good idea pops into my head and my pen takes off on its own. At times like these, I love it.

Other days, no matter how much I want to write, my pen stays still, refusing to glide across the paper like it should.

It's not easy being a writer.

Especially since I got into high school; man, it's hard to keep a journal when you've got a ton of other stuff to do. I thought I'd always have a few minutes to let myself write, but it's been near impossible.

Erm. Maybe I HAVE had time...I just spent it watching kdramas. :)

I needed to be stimulated enough to write. Creatively. Seriously.

So this year I signed up for a writing class at school. It is SO AWESOME. I love how our teacher explains things. He's funny as heck. Naturally, his lessons are very interesting.

Today we read a book called ISH (by Peter A. Reynolds) together. It was a very heartwarming story about a boy who loves to draw, but is discouraged by his nasty brother. And then he gains his confidence back again. The "-ish" part comes in later. How?
I'll leave that for you to find out.
But anyway, I just love that we still get to discover these kinds of books through these kinds of classes. I felt a little like I was back in kindergarten, and loved it!

At the moment we are working on short stories. At first, I couldn't think of anything to write about. All my ideas seemed silly. And then I got this really brilliant idea. Actually, all my ideas seem brilliant at first, and then the spark just fizzles out. Anyway, this idea came to me while I was on Facebook (of all places!).

I started to write, and so far it's alright, but I can't think of a very good ending. Plus it sounds like something out of Peter Pan/Narnia. Weird. And I think the subject matter is a bit too big for a short story...

Maybe I'll post it on here when I'm done.

Speaking of which, I should be getting to work on that now....

Tata for now!

PS. Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Eat a lot of turkey. And stuffing.

Myself, I like pumpkin pie. Yum.

1 comment: