Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just Kidding- Sonnet


I know that a couple lines don't really work...they sound a little weird or the grammar is off. But it was a sonnet piece, so it was pretty hard to find the right rhymes and make sure the iambic pentameter was right. And I also don't like the ending because it seems a little cliche and cheesy...but it was like, 2 in the morning and it was due the next morning so I had to just go with it.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend...the weather cleared up a little earlier so I was happy :)
And the cartoon was just cute...and kind of fit with the poem.
-------------------------------------------------------------
That half-smile you sport when it’s all just jokes,
I know so well now; should not be surprised.
Yet it appears, and happiness evokes;
I discover it’s hard keeping disguised.
No matter how much I try to go sleep,
I cannot seem to keep my eyes to shore.
Your jokes have touched too far and much too deep
Each time you make me laugh, it hurts the more,
Since I know you don’t ever really mean
The sweet things you say to me when we meet
Are not to be felt, only to be seen.
To be with you is rather bittersweet.
Yet I’m not so unhappy; my torn heart
Will find another; from you, grow apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment