Thursday, July 28, 2011

there remains a single-digit number of days...

Am I happy? Yeah, I think so. It's not so much that I don't like it here. I do. There is so much stuff to see and learn and buy (I'm practically a shopaholic now...can't stop buying stuff!). The weather's nice and summery on the most part, Vieux Quebec is amazing, and I've figured out how to use a map and actually get to the places I want. It's just that it just isn't the same without the people and places I love, and 5 weeks of feeling like you're missing out on things at home is just too long. From the first time I heard about this program, I wished it was 3 weeks long instead of 5. Three weeks out of a summer doesn't seem like much, but add two more and...well, it seems a thousand times longer.
I think I sound so spoiled right now. Most kids would be stoked to spend 5 weeks away from parents and stuff like that. Yeah. I thought it'd be so awesome. But you know what? After a couple weeks, all you really want to do is go home, smell some good home-made food, read your favourite book, lie down in your own bed, turn out the light, and sleep for however long you want. And when you wake up, it won't be to a song that makes you cry (only way I can get up and going because it jolts me out of sleep), it won't be at 7-freaking AM on a summer day, you won't have to clean your room before going out the door, you won't have to constantly gasp and check if you have your keys with you, you won't have to wait in line for ages for breakfast while other little brats cut the line...no. You won't have to do that because you're home and it's your place, where you can do whatever the heck you want and you won't get a billet blanc. Those are bad things...get two and you either write an essay in French or go to detention where you get to do pages and pages of French worksheets in complete silence. Or you're grounded. One of those things.
Okay I gotta write more later because the library's closing even though it says they close at 7, not 6:30. I guess these people want to go home too.

No comments:

Post a Comment